Digital Catapult Northern Ireland is holding a briefing event for the Immerse UK Investment Accelerator on Monday 10th June 13.30pm – 17.00pm.
The briefing event is designed to give you an opportunity to meet the teams behind the competition, learn more about the scope of funding on offer and details of how to apply for the Immersive Technology Investment Accelerator, which opens to companies on May 20th 2019
Up to £2m is available for UK creative and tech businesses to undertake R&D projects that enable immersive content to be created faster, more efficiently or in new ways through simultaneous grant funding and venture capital investment.
The investor partners, selected in Stage 1 of this competition, are: Creative England, GC Angels, HTC Europe, London Venture Partners, Mercia, Northstar Ventures, Oxford Science Innovation, R/GA, Station12, Techstart Ventures and Warner Music
The competition is open to UK businesses working with immersive technologies. Total project costs must be between £150,000 and £300,000. Innovate UK will provide up to 70% of costs dependent on your business size, with the remaining funds provided byone of our investor partners.
The competition brief, details on how to apply and resources for companies will be published on Immerse UK on May 7th.
To register for the event, click here.
Northern Ireland Screen is inviting applications from companies to take part in The Pixel Mill’s 2019/20 programme.
Successful applicants will receive support to build their teams, market their capabilities and navigate third party relations.
KEY AIMS OF THE PIXEL MILL:
- Support a sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland.
- Provide games business with the support to access external finance.
- Prepare teams for taking their concepts through to production and to release.
- Develop high quality teams and projects that are aligned to opportunities.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Up to 12 months free access to incubation space and facilities.
- Weekly coaching to address Business, Marketing, Operating and Partner milestones.
- Invitation to apply to the Northern Ireland Screen Fund to develop projects that support agreed business goals.
- Pitch for platform, tech and marketing support.
- Access to extensive user testing facilities to gather feedback for projects.
- Opportunity to pitch for production funding of £100k through the Assembler programme.
- Invitation to UK/EU market trade delegations.
Companies going through this programme will be encouraged to attract additional finance to their project either through revenue, crowd sourcing or investment.
To support the development of application materials, Northern Ireland Screen is hosting a series of short pre-start taster sessions at The Ormeau Baths, 18 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast BT2 8HS, Northern Ireland, and applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
|31 January 2019
||Introduction to Working with Publishers
||10 am to noon
|4 February 2019
||Introduction to Commercial Game Development
||2:00pm to 4pm
|14 February 2019
||Introduction to Marketing for Games
||10 am to noon
|25 February 2019
||Introduction to Operations
||10.00am to noon
|4 March 2019
||Closing deadline for receipt of applications
|8 March 2019
||Successful applicants notified and contracted
|8 April 2019
|| 2019/20 cohort move and start date
The deadline for receipt of applications to The Pixel Mill is Monday 4th March at 9am. For further information, including application details, please click here.