Northern Ireland Screen is inviting applications from companies to take part in The Pixel Mill’s 2019/20 programme.
Successful applicants will receive support to build their teams, market their capabilities and navigate third party relations.
KEY AIMS OF THE PIXEL MILL:
- Support a sustainable screen industry in Northern Ireland.
- Provide games business with the support to access external finance.
- Prepare teams for taking their concepts through to production and to release.
- Develop high quality teams and projects that are aligned to opportunities.
WHAT YOU GET:
- Up to 12 months free access to incubation space and facilities.
- Weekly coaching to address Business, Marketing, Operating and Partner milestones.
- Invitation to apply to the Northern Ireland Screen Fund to develop projects that support agreed business goals.
- Pitch for platform, tech and marketing support.
- Access to extensive user testing facilities to gather feedback for projects.
- Opportunity to pitch for production funding of £100k through the Assembler programme.
- Invitation to UK/EU market trade delegations.
Companies going through this programme will be encouraged to attract additional finance to their project either through revenue, crowd sourcing or investment.
To support the development of application materials, Northern Ireland Screen is hosting a series of short pre-start taster sessions at The Ormeau Baths, 18 Ormeau Avenue, Belfast BT2 8HS, Northern Ireland, and applicants are strongly encouraged to attend.
|31 January 2019
||Introduction to Working with Publishers
||10 am to noon
|4 February 2019
||Introduction to Commercial Game Development
||2:00pm to 4pm
|14 February 2019
||Introduction to Marketing for Games
||10 am to noon
|25 February 2019
||Introduction to Operations
||10.00am to noon
|4 March 2019
||Closing deadline for receipt of applications
|8 March 2019
||Successful applicants notified and contracted
|8 April 2019
|| 2019/20 cohort move and start date
The deadline for receipt of applications to The Pixel Mill is Monday 4th March at 9am. For further information, including application details, please click here.
Jamfuser is a game jam that feeds into Tranzfuser (a UK wide talent development programme for graduates looking to break in to the video games development industry). Northern Ireland Screen acts as a regional hub for Tranzfuser in Northern Ireland, offering an inspirational central space and focal point for Tranzfuser teams to locate in or meet periodically whilst working elsewhere; providing a dynamic learning environment that cultivates this diverse community, acting as a hot house for innovative games IP development and resulting in high level of achievement over a short period of time.
- Support team self-selection opportunities, encouraging mixed institute/more diverse teams
- Enable teams to work together in a free form environment with a shared goal, that encourages skills development and fosters positive team relationships
- Gives teams the opportunity to test and explore their game idea in a short development cycle
- Share information regarding the Tranzfuser 2019 application process and criteria for selection
- Provide further support with the promotion of Tranzfuser
- Develop the Tranzfuser community
- Engage Tranzfuser Alumni to act as mentors during the jam
Jamfuser is ” just for fun”. So as such there is no physical or cash prizes for taking part and ‘winners’ will not be selected. Your prize is your product. There is, however, a community voting system in place and all Jamfuser teams can vote for their ‘favourite’ game(s) based on the Jamfuser criteria (see below). Each team is encouraged to use the final votes on their game as early feedback on their project, making adjustments where necessary.
So to sum it all up… If you’re thinking of applying to Tranzfuser 2019, Jamfuser is a fantastic opportunity to start exploring your team’s dynamics, honing your technical skills and being creative.
Who can participate?
- Team members should be undergraduate / masters or post graduates who have or will graduate between 2017-2019
- Team size between 4-6 people
- Teams with a residential address in the UK
- Team who have submitted their Jamfuser Team Registration Form
All teams wishing to participate on Jamfuser are required to fill in the Jamfuser Team Registration Form (see link below). This will ensure that:
- Your team is included in all communications from the Jamfuser organiser (this includes gaining access to our Jamfuser 2019 Discord Channel)
- Your team is assigned a mentor
- Where possible, your team is connected with one of the participating Local Hubs.
Should your team wish to vote on the Jamfuser theme please ensure you have submitted this form by Friday 1st March 2019. Following this, guidance on how to vote on the theme will then be emailed.
The FINAL DATE for teams to submit their Teams Registration Form is Tuesday 5th March 2019 (your team will be unable to vote on the theme at the point).
Link to Jamfuser Registration Form
Further information on Jamfuser can be found here.