The Pixel Mill will be hosting a 2-day Mental Health First Aid Course for the interactive sector on the 25th and 26th April from 9:30am – 4:30pm at Ormeau Baths.
The two-day workshop will be delivered by Mind Fitness and will focus on best practice guidelines. This will provide the knowledge, confidence, and practical skills for delegates to be able to effectively set boundaries, provide non-clinical mental health support and know how to take care of their own wellbeing, and the wellbeing of the colleagues they are responsible for leading and collaborating with. This course assembles current best practice around mental health first aid and applies these principles to the specific challenges that professionals in the videogames industry are sometimes presented with.
Outcomes for the course are:
- Able to understand the primary goals of a Mental Health First Aider
- Able to identify a range of common mental health challenges based on current best practice insights about how people may present whilst experiencing these common conditions
- Able to apply the RESPOND framework to provide non-judgemental support to any person experiencing a mental health challenge
- Able to confidently take care of one’s own wellbeing and mental health whilst working as a professional in any of the creative industries
- Able to reflect on challenges and communicate with clarity and purpose to influence and direct positive outcomes for the people you manage and the colleagues you collaborate with
Mind Fitness specialises in mental health, wellbeing and personal effectiveness training. With a background in video games and the creative industries, it works extensively in the interactive entertainment industry.
There are limited number of spaces available for the workshop series and will be given out on a first come, first serve basis. In the event that the workshop series are oversubscribed we may limit the number of participants from individual companies.
If you would like to sign up to the workshops please email Rory Clifford, Interactive Manager, email@example.com.